This is the basic ingredients. You have to play with it to your families taste
- 1 box Near East Couscous Mix - Parmesan Flavored
- 6 Frying Peppers
- 1/2 pound 80% ChopMeat (Meatloaf mix can be used)
- 1 or 2 Sausage links. casing removed
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, chopped (I also added 1 Tbsp of dried onion - it just added a nice taste to it. Do it to your taste)
- 1 Clove Garlic, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- !/4 Cup Reggiano Parmesano Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Tomato Sauce to taste and to baste.
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from foodnetword.com
Prepare Couscous mix according to directions, set aside.
Clean frying peppers and steam for 15 min. also set aside to cool
In frying pan heat olive oil and 1 Tbsp. butter. brown chopmeat and sausage.
Season wtih salt and pepper to taste.
Add onion's and garlic and cook until tender.
Remove from heat and add couscous mix (you are using this instead of rice so you have to judge how much of the mix you want to add.
Stir in Reggiano Parmesano, a couple handfuls of mozzarella, and 1/4 cup of tomato sauce.
Line a cassarole dish with a small amount of tomato sauce so the peppers do not stick. Stuff peppers with mixture and lay in dish. Spoon a small amount of sauce over peppers. Cover and bake for at least 40 min. Uncover and top with more mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered until cheese melts and is golden brown.