OATMEAL COOKIES with toffee, nuts and dried cherries
- Optional items:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup semi or milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup toffee pieces, (5 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 1 cup Walnuts or other nut
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift together flour and baking soda, and set aside.
Cream butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice during mixing.
Add egg, and mix on high speed to combine.
Add vanilla extract; mix to combine.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add the sifted flour a bit at a time on a low speed until well combined.
Add oatmeal, cherries, chocolate, and toffee pieces; mix to combine.
Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove from oven, and transfer to a baking rack to cool. Eat and enjoy the calories!!