Grilled Chicken Caprese
- 2 T chopped fresh basil
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 T olive oil
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4" slices, halved and patted dry
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken cutlets, trimmed
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2" slices
1. Combine basil, vinegar, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until thoroughly incorporated. Transfer 2 T vinaigrette to bowl and toss with mozzarella; reserve remaining vinaigrette.
2. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken and tomatoes over hot fire until chicken is well browned and tomatoes are lightly charred, about 2 mins per side. Transfer chicken to platter. Top with tomato slices and drizzle with reserved vinaigrette. Cover with even layer of mozzarella and tent loosely with foil. Let rest for 5-10 mins. Serve.