Crock Pot Chicken, Broccoli & Cheese Tater Tot Casserole
This is a family favorite!
- 10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 oz. can of chicken breast chunks, drained
- 10 or 11 oz. package frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- regular size bag (28 - 32 oz.) of frozen tater tots (I used crispy crowns--same thing, just smaller in size)
Adapted from crockpotrecipeexchange.blogspot.com
Mix the soup, milk and seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of the cheese, the chicken and broccoli and stir to incorporate. You can now add the tater tots and stir. Make sure that all the tater tots are coated with the mixture and incorporated well.
Line a 3 - 4 quart crock pot with aluminum foil. Just because this has a lot of cheese and I wanted an easy clean up I also used a slow cooker liner. Pour the mixture into the lined crock pot. Place folded paper towels on top of the crock pot and secure with the lid. This will keep the extra condensation from the lid during the cooking process from watering down the dish.
Cook on low for 5 - 6 hours or on high for 3 - 3 1/2 hours.
Around 15 - 30 minutes before the end of cook time sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top. This will melt the cheese nicely. If you turn the crock pot off and remove the crockery (if yours has a removable crock) the casserole will start to cool down and set faster. It stinks when someone burns their tongue and/ or roof of their mouth (jus' sayin').