Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 3 3/4 pounds)
- 1 large onion, chopped (I honestly only use a half onion because the first time I made this I used a whole one and it was too oniony)
- 3 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (8 oz.)whipping cream or half and half
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 (8 oz.) sour cream (optional)
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled (or you can do like me and just buy the kind already off the shelf, not bacon bits but it’s actual bacon crumbles.)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (1 to 2 packages depending on how much cheese you would like)
Adapted from crockpotrecipeexchange.blogspot.com
1.Combine first 6 ingredients in a 5 quart slow cooker
2.Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or on LOW 8 hours or until potato is tender.
3.Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened; stir in cream, cheese and chives. Top with sour cream, if desired, and sprinkle with bacon and Cheddar cheese before serving.