Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken
This is a wonderful "lite" dinner that the whole family loves.
- 4 - 6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 14.5 oz can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 8 ounce container of sliced button mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tsp each: dried oregano,basil, and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 16 ounce box of angel hair pasta, cooked according to directions
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 280mins
Adapted from crockpotrecipeexchange.blogspot.com
Pour the olive oil on bottom of a 2.5 - 3.5 quart crock pot
Place the chicken breasts in crock pot, salt and pepper each breast
Put sliced onion on top of chicken and mushrooms on top of onions.
Then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves
Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes
Cook on high 3 hours or low for 4 - 6 hours. Serve over angel hair pasta and garnish with fresh parsley or basil.
*NOTE*Careful not to overcook chicken breasts. If they, or any lean cut of meat, are overcooked, they become very dry. All crock pots seem to cook differently, so keep this in mind when timing your recipe.