Sweet Cinnamon Biscuits
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons [1 stick] butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and mix well. Stir in vegetable oil. Add buttermilk and stir just until blended.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll dough into a 15x8 inch rectangle.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease a 9 inch round baking pan lightly.
4. Spread the butter over the dough. Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle over butter. Roll up rectangle jelly roll fashion, starting from one long side. Pinch seam to seal.
5.Cut the roll into 1 1/2 inch slices. Arrange the slices, cut side up, in prepared baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Pour milk over the top, if desired. Serve hot.