Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers w/ Turkey Sausage
- 6 bell peppers, topped and seeded
- 10.75 ounce can of tomato soup + 1 can of water
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 pound of turkey sausage, browned
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon dried chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup dried chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Adapted from crockpotrecipeexchange.blogspot.com
Mix the can of soup and can full of water in a large mixing bowl.
Reserve 1 cup of mixture.
To the remaining soup/ water mixture in bowl, add the garlic and onions to be softening.
After softened add the cooled rice, turkey, ketchup, salt and pepper. Mix to incorporate thoroughly.
Evenly stuff the mixture into the peppers.
Place them in a 5 - 6 quart crock pot.
Distribute the reserved soup mixture evenly over top of all the peppers.
Cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or low for 5 - 7 hours.