Champagne Sangria Recipe
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Prosecco or French Champagne, chilled
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups Mint Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1 lemon, zested and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, zested and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 5 fresh mint sprigs
- Crushed ice
In a large pitcher, combine the Prosecco, orange juice, Mint Simple Syrup, lemon zest, and lime zest. Add the sliced strawberries, lemon slices, lime slices, and mint sprigs.
Fill glasses with crushed ice and pour the sangria over the top. Serve immediately.
Mint Simple Syrup:
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and mint over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool for 20 minutes. Strain before using.