From: Susan Costner. Good Friens, Great Dinners. Crown Publishers, c1987.
- 2 bottles (48-oz) full-bodied, dry Spanish red wine
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier, or any orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups club soda or mineral water
- Ice cubes
- Orange and lemon slices
- Tart green apple slices
- Peach or nectarine slices
In a large pitcher, mix together the first 4 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight. Just before serving, add the club soda and plenty of ice cubes.
Serve very cold, garnished with a slice of fruit.