- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled
- 16 oz (2 cups) Cold plain Greek yogurt (either full fat or fat free will work)
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/3 cup chopped dill, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (Juice of 1/2 lemon; please squeeze a real lemon)
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
1.How to Make Tzatziki Sauce:
2.The Cucumber should be peeled, finely diced and strained of it’s juices. I squeezed it really tight by the fistful. You can use a cheese cloth if you wish. Getting rid of excess juice is important so that you tzatziki sauce isn’t watery the next day.
3.Combine the strained and chopped cucumber with 2 cups plain greek yogurt, 1½ Tbsp lemon juice, 4 pressed garlic cloves, ⅓ cup chopped dill, ½ tsp salt (add more to taste) and ⅛ tsp black pepper.
4.Mix everything together and add more salt to taste if needed. It’s best to refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving to let the flavors meld. It tastes even better when refrigerated overnight!