Buffalo Chicken Bites
If buffalo wings make your knees grow week, try this spicy version. These bites have the same feisty flavor, but they aren't laden with saturated fat. Napkings are a must!
- BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- CHICKEN BITES:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (10 ounces), cut into 1" cubes
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mild cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 2" sticks
- 1 cup baby carrots
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from recipes.prevention.com
1.To make the blue cheese dressing: In a small bowl, mash together the blue cheese and sour cream with the back of a spoon. Stir in the green onion and vinegar until blended. Set aside.
2.To make the chicken bites: Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken cubes, scallion, and 1 tablespoon of the pepper sauce. Thread the chicken on twelve 6" bamboo skewers, using 2 pieces of chicken per skewer. Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
3.Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss together the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons pepper sauce and the butter. Arrange the cooked chicken skewers on one half of a serving platter in a single layer. Brush the chicken cubes with the pepper sauce. Place the celery and carrots on the platter and serve with the blue cheese dressing.