- 1 1/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 T sugar
- 1/4 t cinnammon
- 1/3 cup flour
- pinch baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 8 oz german sweet chocolate
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 jigger cream de cacao
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 9 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 T confectioners sugar
1. crust: combine all into greased springform pan
2. top of double boiler: melt chocolate and cool slightly.
3. mix together flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl
4. in small bowl beat eggs till thick and lemon colored. beat in sugar 1 T at a time. (will be thick and ivory).
5. without washing beaters in another bowl beat cheese till fluffy and soft. add 1 1/4 cup whipping cream and vanilla till like whipping cream. add cooled chocolate and beat gently to blend.
6. with rubber spatula fold in egg mixture and mix in flour mixture- folding it in.
7. bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour 15 minutes and cool. remove sides of pan. cover and chill. before serving bring to room temperature and top with rest of whipping cream, powdered sugar and cream de cacao.