Chocolate Chip Almond Biscotti
Yields about 4 dozen cookies
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp almond flavored liqueur
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds toasted and chopped
- Melted milk chocolate (optional)
1) Place flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; stir to combine.
2) Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in liqueur and water. Gradually add flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chips and almonds.
3) Divide dough into fourths. Spread each quarter evenly down center of waxed paper. Using waxed paper to hold dough, roll it back and forth to form a 15-inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hrs.
4) Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Unwrap and place each log on prepared cookie sheet. With floured hands, shape each log 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.
5) Bake 15 mins. Remove cookie sheet from oven. Cut each log with serrated knife into 1-inch-thick diagonal slices. Place slices, cut side up, on cookie sheet; bake 5 mins. Turn cookies over, bake 5 mins. Or until cut surfaces are golden brown and cookies are dry. Remove cookies with spatula to wire racks. Cool completely.
6) Dip one end of each biscotti into melted chocolate, if desired, let stand on wax paper until completely set. Store tightly covered at room temp. or freeze up to 3 mths. ( if chocolate dipped cookies are frozen , chocolate may discolor)