Chinese Chicken Fried Rice I
- Rated: rating
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Ready In: 40 Minutes
- Submitted By: sal Cook Time: 15 Minutes Servings: 7
- "Chicken stir-fried with a colorful array of vegetables and a bounty of rice with a scramble of eggs running throughout."
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked, cubed chicken
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh pea pods, halved
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 6 cups cooked white rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft, then add chicken and 2 tablespoons soy sauce and stir-fry for 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Stir in carrots, celery, red bell pepper, pea pods and green bell pepper and stir-fry another 5 minutes. Then add rice and stir thoroughly.