"This is a rich, satisfying meal that freezes well. Great on a cold winter day. Serve with tortilla, cornbread, French bread, or/and rice! Enjoy!"
- 1 (11 ounce) cans condensed black bean soup ( or canned black beans in juice)
- 1 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed ( sometimes I use lentils)
- 1 (16 ounce) cans vegetarian baked beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chopped tomato puree ( I use large 29 oz. can crushed tomatoes)
- 1 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 onions, chopped 1 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) cans diced chilies
- 1 -2 jalapenos, chopped ( depending on how much heat you want)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (optional)
In a saucepan, saute the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and celery for about 5 minutes.
In a slow cooker, combine black bean soup, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, baked beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, jalapeno, chilies, and celery.
Season with garlic, chili powder, cumin, parsley, oregano, basil (and cilantro if using).
Cook for about 6 hours on low.
Serve with tortillas, cornbread, rice, or French bread.