- SALTED CARAMEL FROSTING:
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- PEPPERMINT BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 20 peppermint candies, finely crushed
- MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP FROSTING:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 (4.67 oz) bag chocolate mint candies, chopped (14 candies)
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
SALTED CARAMEL FROSTING:
Cook brown sugar, heavy cream, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7-9 minutes. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon; cook 2-3 minutes, until creamy and thickened. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Remove from heat; transfer to a bowl. Cool to room temperature, before using.
PEPPERMINT BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; gradually add powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt; beating until blended. Add crushed peppermint candies and beat 5 minutes until mixture is blended and smooth.
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP FROSTING:
Beat butter on low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes, until creamy. Add vanilla; beat 1 minute. Gradually add powdered sugar and salt; beat 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add candies and food coloring; beat 2-3 minutes until creamy and blended.
Each recipe makes approximately 2 1/2 cups frosting...enough for 24 cupcakes.