Swai Filet Margarita
Saw this recipe done on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and have made it now and do not make fish any other way
- Lemon Margarita Sauce:
- 8 slices of Swai Fish (or any other white fish such as, haddock, cod, etc.)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- Juice from whole lemon (or 1/4 to 1/2 cup lemon juice from Bottle)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Dredge fish on both sides in flour.
2. Beat egg, (along with juice thru parsley).
3. Heat oil and butter in large frying pan over medium heat (do not burn oil)
4. Dip floured fish into egg coating each side well.
5. Place in heated oil/butter.
6. Cook on each side to golden brown (careful not to burn fish) (Be careful when filling and removing fish as it will be tender and will break easily)
7. Remove to plate and continue cooking all fish.
To make sauce:
8. In pan add butter, stock, wine, salt & pepper to taste, and lemon juice.
9. Bring to boil, lower heat and add fish back to pan carefully.
10. Coat fish with juice and let cook about 5-10 minutes uncovered.