Mac 'n' Cheese
(best superbowl party mac and cheese)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 lb. garganelli or penne rigate pasta
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 16 oz. white cheddar cheese, grated (4 cups)
- 16 oz. smoked Gouda cheese, grated (4 cups)
- 2.5 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2-3 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Adapted from forbes.com
Preheat the oven to 375?. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil; stir in olive oil, salt and pasta. Drain. Bring cream to a simmer in saucepan over medium heat. Do not boil.
Stir in cheddar, stir in smoked Gouda. Add rosemary. Cook, whisking often, over medium-low heat for 3 minutes or to a smooth melt.
Remove from heat; whisk in pepper and 1 tbsp. salt. Stir in pasta. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 3-quart baking dish.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving.