Jalapeno Popper Meatballs
- 1 cup Kraft Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/4 cup diced pickled jalapenos
- 1 pound ground turkey (or your choice of ground meat)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs (plus some for coating)
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- oil for coating
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the Kraft shredded cheddar, cream cheese & jalapenos together in bowl.
When well mixed roll the cheese mixture into 12 one tbs size balls (slightly oiled hands helps).
Mix the turkey, egg whites, crumbs and onion powder together well, then split into 12 eqally sized patties.
press down slighty in the center of each patty and nestle the cheese ball inside. Wrap and mold the meat to fully cover the cheese ball.
Drop the meatballs in bread crumb and roll to create a thin coating, then mist or baste with oil and bake for 18-21 minutes.
Serve over a pool of salsa with some sour cream. Chopped cilantro garnish is also a nice addition.