Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup onions, sliced and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Season All
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups (32 ounces) Alfredo sauce Alfredo sauce (you can buy bottled or make this delicious homemade version)
- 1/3 cup water, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) ricotta or cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon oregano
1.In a large skillet on medium high heat, warm oil. Add onions and garlic. Saute until onions are transparent.
2.Add cubed chicken and season with Season All and pepper. Cook chicken on medium heat stirring occasionally until all sides are lightly browned and cooked through (about 10 minutes). Set aside.
3.Grease the bottom and sides of a 6- to 7-quart slow cooker.
4.Break 4 lasagna noodles in half and situate to fill the bottom of the stoneware.
5.In the following order, layer 1 1/4 cups Alfredo sauce, half of water, half of chicken, and 1 cup of ricotta or cottage cheese over the noodles.
6.Sprinkle one third of the Mozzarella over the ricotta or cottage cheese.
7.Add another layer of 4 lasagna noodles broken in half to fit over the meat mixture.
8.In the following order, layer 1 1/4 cups Alfredo sauce, half of water, the remaining chicken and remaining cup of ricotta or cottage cheese. Top with the second third of mozzarella.
9.Layer the remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano.
10.Cover and cook on low heat 4-5 hours, but no longer than 5.
Recipe by Bakerette at http://bakerette.com/slow-cooker-chicken-alfredo-lasagna/