Change it up with the types of vegetables
Broccoli, zucchini, summer squash ect.
- 1/4 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 pound fully cooked boneless ham, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
In a large skillet, saute the kielbasa, ham, carrots, celery and onion in oil until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.