Red Pepper Jelly
- Red Pepper Jelly
- 1 1/2 lb red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 TBSP red-pepper flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 TBSP Sure-Jell less- or no-sugar-needed pectin
- 3 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Pulse bell peppers with red-pepper flakes and smoked paprika, if using, in a food processor until finely chopped. (Mixture will measure about 2 1/2 cups.)
- Whisk together pectin and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Stir together pepper mixture, vinegar, butter, salt, and remaining 3 cups sugar in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot. Bring to a vigorous boil over high heat, then continue to boil vigorously, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Gradually add pectin mixture, whisking constantly. Return jelly to a vigorous boil, stirring constantly, and boil, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes (mixture will thicken slightly). Remove from heat.