Dum aloo is the tasty & rich side dish, Just the smell of aloo dam can make you hungry!
- 15-20 baby potatoes
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger strips
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Peel, wash & prick potatoes all over with help of a fork. Keep in salted
water for 15 mins.
2. Heat oil in a pan, deep-fry potatoes on medium heat till golden brown.
Drain & place on an absorbent paper.
3. Heat oil in another pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida,
cook on medium heat till cumin seeds change color.
4. Add onion, sauté for 3-4 mins or till onion turns light golden,a add
ginger-garlic paste,sauté for a minute.
5. Now add tomatoes, cook till tomatoes turn pulpy.
6. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder & stir.
7. Now add fried potatoes, stir to mix well, cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add a little water, garam masala powder, salt, mix well & simmer till
potatoes absorb gravy.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot.