chili for hotdogs
- 1 lb. vegan crumbles or meatballs chopped finely
- 2 cups onion, chopped (about 3/4 medium onion)
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce vegan of course!
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- For the ‘dogs
- hot dog buns
- hot dog franks, preferably grilled vegan ( field roast frankfruters are the best!)
saute onion and put vegan crumbles in pan reduce to medium heat. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat into small pieces.
Add tomato paste, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and the spices and stir together, making sure all the meat is broken up into pieces.
Stirring occasionally, simmer over low heat until chili is very thick, about 15-20 minutes.
Serve over grilled hot dogs and garnish with shredded cheese