Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 1 small white onion (chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked (shredded)
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (add more or less to adjust heat)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups 10% cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup chicken stock (low sodium stock is preferred)
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- pinch of black pepper
In a stockpot, on medium-high heat, melt butter.
Add celery, onion, garlic, and white pepper.
Saute until almost tender. Add carrots and celery salt, saute until all
vegetables are soft.
Sprinkle flour over vegetables, and mix to evenly coat.
Add chicken stock and a pinch of black pepper. Stir occasionally for
Add chicken, cream, and milk (use only cream if you like your soup thicker).
Stir until you have a soft boil started.
Add hot sauce and cheese. Stir well until evenly mixed.
Lower heat and bring soup to a simmer. 5-10 minutes later, it’s ready!!!
*Optional: Top soup with a little crumbled bleu cheese, or a dollop of
bleu cheese dressing.