- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Parchment Paper
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
Preparation time 97mins
Cooking time 109mins
1. Preheat oven to 350. Bake almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool completely (about 20 minutes). Reduce over temperature to 325.
2. Process almonds in a food processor for 30 seconds or until finely ground.
3. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add vanilla and 1 cup powdered sugar, beating well. (Dough will be crumbly).
4. Combine flour, salt, and almonds; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
5. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
6. Bake at 325 for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and coll 10 minutes. Roll cookies in 1/2 cup powdered sugar.