Best and Easiest Salsa Ever
The Ninja works great for making this
- 2 28oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 Med Onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 Cloves Garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1-2 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- 1/2 tsp Fresh oregano chopped
- 2 Jalepeno peppers cut into I inch pieces
- 1 Med to Large Serranno pepper cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 Large Green onion cut into one inch pieces
- 1 bunch Cilantro. Cut stems into one inch pieces, Coarsely chop leaves
- 1 15oz can Crushed tomatoes (optional)
Have large bowl ready so you can empty Ninja before preparing next step.
1. Place onion, garlic and peppers in the Ninja. Add 1-2 cups diced tomatoes. Pulse a few times then blend continuously until finely chopped.
2. Place cilantro stems, white part of the green onion, chopped oregano, in the Ninja Add 1-2 cups diced tomatoes. Pulse a few times until chopped then blend continuously until finely chopped.
3. Place Cilantro leaves and green onion tops in Ninja. Add 1-2 cups diced tomatoes. Pulse a few times then blend continuously until finely chopped.
4. Place any remaining diced tomatoes in Ninja and blend until finely chopped.
To chopped ingredients, add salt, pepper, cumin and lime juice. Stir and taste. Adjust seasonings. If mixture seems too thin or too spicy, add crushed tomatoes to thicken. Chill. Adjust seasonings to taste.