Best Dinner Rolls
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pkg. (1/4oz.) active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 t. salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 t. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Parm-Garlic -2 T grated parmesan cheese & 1/2 t. dried minced garlic
- Almond-Herb - 2 T chopped sliced almonds & 1/2 t. each kosher salt, basil & oregano
Preparation time 35mins
1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120-130. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 portions. Shape into balls. Divide the balls between two greased 13x9 bakind pans.
4. Cover with a clean, lightweight towel and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with lightly beaten egg. Sprinkle rolls with topping of your choice.
5. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks.
Makes 2 dozen