Makes 2 servings.
Per serving: 387 cal, 11 g fat (<1 g sat), 57 g carbs, 461 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 18 g protein
- 4 oz extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 oz buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, microwaved for 1 minute and cooled
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
1 Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor, or whisk together until smooth.
2 Toss 1 tablespoon dressing with tofu and set aside. Reserve remainder of dressing.
3 Cook noodles according to package directions, then drain and rinse.
4 In a large bowl, toss cooked noodles with remaining dressing.
5 Add carrot, red pepper, edamame, cilantro, and marinated tofu. Toss gently.
6 Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight.