- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) yellow onion, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) chorizo, finely diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
1. Heat olive oil in a 9- or 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add potatoes; cook for 5 minutes. Turn potatoes with a spatula. Cover and cook until tender and soft, without browning, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in onion and chorizo and cook until onion softens, about 4 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
3. Pour eggs evenly over potatoes. Shake the pan, cover, and cook until eggs begin to set, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Using pot holders, carefully invert tortilla onto a plate. Slide tortilla back into skillet and cook until eggs are set on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.