Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 19mins
1. In a bowl, beat shortening and brown sugar on medium to high speed until combined.
2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Alternately, add flour mixture and sour cream to shortening mixture; beating after each addition.
5. With a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate pieces.
6. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 9 minutes or until edges are browned.
8. Cool on wire rack.