Taste of Home recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cans ( 10oz each) enchilada sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 pkg (8.8 oz) ready to serve spanish rice
- 12 flour tortillas 8 inch warmed
- 1 can (15oz) refried beans
- 4 cups shredded mexican cheese blend
- optional; salsa, sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, taco sauce, sour cream
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 65mins
In large skilled, cook beef until done, add enchilada sauce, taco seasoning and cumin. Heat through.
Heat rice according to pkg. Spread each tortilla with 2 tbsp beans. Spread 1 cup meat mixture into greased 13x9 pan. Layer with 4 tortilla shells and a 1/3 of rice, 1/3 of remaining meat mixture and a 1/3 of cheese. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining tortillas, rice and meat mixutre.
Cove and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Uncover, bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.