Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 [10 3/4 oz.] can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 frozen biscuits, thawed
Preparation time 28mins
Cooking time 63mins
1. Preheat oven 350 F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 11x7 inch baking dish.
2. Chop the onion. Heat the butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Stir in onion. Saute until tender.
3.Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk and pimiento in a medium bowl and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of cheddar. Arrange biscuits in single layer over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
5. Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer. Serve immediately.