- 2 T EVOO
- 2 medium size onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb pasta
1. Heat oil in medium sauce pan over medium low heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and their liquid, tomato sauce, herbs, sugar, s/p. Using clean kitchen scissiors, cut tomatoes in to bite sized chunks in pan.
3. Bring sauce to simmer over medium high heat, then reduce to medium and simmer 20 minutes. Meanwhile cook pasta.