Ooey Gooey Grilled Cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley or basil leaves
- 8 oz. Cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded
- 8 slices firm, crusty bread
- 2 T butter
1. In a bowl lightly whisk eggs, milk, s/p and basil.
2. Distribute cheese among 4 slices of bread; close with remaining slices, press down lightly.
3. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm butter. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides. Transfer to hot skillet and cook until golden on both sides (6 minutes) turning once.