- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, diced (about 1.5 cups)
- 2 Stalks celery, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 medium poblano peppers (about 4 ounces each), seeded and white ribs removed, finely diced (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, more to taste
- 1 lb. ground white meat turkey
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans white beans such as cannelini, preferably low-sodium, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 Cup nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 66mins
Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven moderate heat. Add the onions, celery, poblanos, and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft (about 8 minutes). Add the garlic, cumin, coriander and cayenne and cook, stirring until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until the meat is no longer pink (about 2 minutes). Ad the white beans, broth, and oregano. Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes.
Add the hominy and salt and more cayenne pepper, to taste, and continue cooking partially covered 10 minutes longer. Ladle into bowls and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1.5 teaspoons of cilantro. Garnish with a lime wedge.