Oven Roasted Vegetables
All the vegetables are roasted together on one sheet pan and it's everything you need to serve with a nice roast chicken or veal chop. A hit of Parmesan cheese at the end gives al lthe vegetables great flavor
- 2 small fennel bulbs, tops removed
- 1 pound fingerling or small potatoes
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound French string beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, ends removed, cut diagonally
- ino 3-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup frreshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Cut the fennel bulbs into 6 wedges each, cutting through the core to keep the wedges intact. Place on a sheet pan.
Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and place them on the pan. Drizzle the olive oil on the vegetables, then sprinkle with 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Toss with your hands.
Roast the vegetables for 25 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender, tossing once while cooking. Toss the string beans and asparagus with the roasted vegetables and roast for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the green vegetables are tender. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and roast for another minute or two until the cheese melts.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve hot.