Amish Friendship Bread
Do not use any type of metal spoon or bowl for mix.
Do not refrigerate
If air gets in the bag, let it out
It is normal for the batter to rise, bubble and ferment
- Starter bag:
- Day 1: do nothing this is the day you receive the batter. Go by date on bag.
- Day 2: Mash bag
- Day 3: Mash the bag
- Day 4: Mash the bag
- Day 5: Mash the bag
- Day 6: Add to bag: 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk. Then mash bag.
- Day 7: Mash the bag
- Day 8: Mash the bag
- Day9: Mash the bag
- Day 10: Following following directions
- 1 . pour contents of bag into a non metal bowl
- 2 add 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar adn 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 . Measure out 4 separate batters of 1 cup each into 1 gallon Bags. Keep a starter for yourself and give 3 friends a bag with a copy of the recipe. Date bag its helpful.
- 4 . Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add following ingredients to your batter...
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 large box of vanilla pudding
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Grease two large loaf pans or three small loaf pans and mix additional 1/2 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Dust with greased loaf pans with half of mixture.
Pour batter evenly into pans and sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture over the top.
Bake one hour. Cool until bread loosens from the pan evenly (about 10 minutes). Turn out onto serving dish. Serve warm or cold.