Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 2-3 2-3 2-3 Challahs - or I sometimes buy plain cubed stuffing at Basha's in Arizona.
- to bread on the counter until it is hard and completely dried out. Keep turning it to ry on both sides. Break up bread in a large colander. Run water over the bread and sqeeze outl. Don't soak bread. I do a few slices at a time.
- Chop up a little celeery and onion and saute in oil. Set aside.
- Stuff turkey after washing out the cavity, drying it and salting it. Stuff both the chest cavity and neck cavity and close wwith a turkey sewer or metal sticks.
- When turkey is done, remove all stuffing immediately and put it into casserole dishes.
- to to the stuffing before serving to be certain that stuffing has reached a hot enough temperature to kill any bacteria from the turkey cavity.
- to can also just bake the stuffing in a well-oiled casserole dish, if you don't want to stuff the turkey.