Salad Bar Stir-Fry
- 3/4 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1/3" rounds, then into 1/3" strips
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp plus 1/3 c water, divided
- 5 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp peanut or vegegable oil
- 1-1/2 pounds salad bar vegetables
- Batch Those Veggies
- Vegetables cook at different speeds, so they must be added to the
- stir-fry pan at different times.
- BATCH 1: Cook under Cover
- * broccoli
- * cauliflower florets
- BATCH 2: Stir-Fry Quickly
- * shredded: cabbage, carrots
- * sliced: celery, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers
- * whole: baby corn
- BATCH 3: Add at the Last Minute
- * bean sprouts
- * spinach leaves
1. Combine pork and soy sauce in medium bowl. Cover & refrigerate for 10 minutes.
2. Whisk sherry, 2 Tbsp water, oyster sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar & cornstarch in measuring cup.
3. Combine garlic, ginger & tsp peanut oil in small bowl.
4. Heat 2 tsp peanut oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Drain meat, add to skillet & break up any clumps. Cook, without stirring, for 1 minute, then stir & cook until browned around edges, about 30 seconds. Transfer meat to clean bowl.
5. Add 1 Tbsp peanut oil to skillet & heat until just smoking. Add batch 1 vegetables (see list) & cook 30 seconds. Add 1/3 c water, reduce heat to medium, cover & cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain vegetables on paper towels.
6. Add remaining 2 tsp oil to skillet, increase heat to medium-high & heat until just smoking. Add batch 2 vegetables & cook, stirring frequently, until spotty brown, 1-1/2 to 3 minutes.
7. Clear center of skillet & add garlic & ginger. Cook for a few seconds, return meat and cooked vegetables to skillet along with batch 3 vegetables; toss to combine. Add sauce & toss until thick & evenly distributed, about 30 seconds.