S'more Cookie Bars
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10-12 ounces of dark chocolate chips
- 20 marshmallows, cut in half
- 1 . In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt to blend them.
- 2 . In a heatproof bowl over hot, but not boiling water, combine the semi-sw
1. In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt to blend them. 2. In a heatproof bowl over hot, but not boiling water, combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the butter. Heat, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until smooth. Remove the bowl from the water, wipe the bottom dry, and set aside to cool. (Or, melt in the microwave, which is what I did.) 3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Slowly stir in the chocolate mixture. Stir in the flour mixture, then the dark chocolate chips, just until combined. 4. Transfer the batter to the pan, spreading it into an even layer. Bake for 12 minutes. Add the marshmallows, cut side down, pressing them gently into the batter, so that each bar will contain a marshmallow. (I made 5 rows of 8 squares.) Continue baking for 5 minutes; turn the pan, and bake for 5 more minutes. Total baking time is 22 minutes. (I baked for 10 more minutes.) (I also put it under the broiler for 1 minute exactly.) Cool in the pan. 5. When cool, using the ends of the foil or parchment as handles, lift the whole cake out of the pan, and transfer to a board. Cut into bars. I cut 5x8 = 40 pieces, with a marshmallow half on each piece. 6. Chill in freezer.