SOUP - Hot and Spicy Soup
- A small amount each of the followings:
- 500 ml Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon Black Vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour Mixture (thickener)
- Chilli Oil
- Chicken Breast meat, cooked and shredded
- Black Wood Ear aka Black Fungus, shredded
- Bamboo Shoots, shredded
- Carrot, shredded
- Shitake Mushroom, sliced
- Tofu, cut into strips
Adapted from wokkingmum.blogspot.com
Bring broth to a boil.
Add in the ingredients except for the tofu.Put all the shredded ingredients in the broth.
Bring to a simmer.
Add the vinegar, light soy sauce and pepper.
Add salt to taste.
Add in the tofu and continue to simmer for a minute.
Gradually add in the cornflour mixture to achieve your desire thickness.
Add some chilli oil and serve.
I usually use ground black pepper but I ran out of it so I used white pepper powder instead.
Adjust the amount of black vinegar according to your liking.
The ingredients used and the amount used for the soup are to your preference but Black Fungus, Bamboo Shoots and Mushrooms are a must for me. They add the crunch for the soup.