Grain Free Chocolate Granola (Paleo)
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1 cup of hazelnuts
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1/4 cup of roasted flax seeds
- 1 cup of coconut oil (measure it out while it is in solid form not melted)
- 2 tbs of honey
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbs of cacao powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbs of unsweetened shredded coconut
- You can use other nuts if you would like. Each nut will give your granola a little different consistency and taste.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees *
Place all your nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times until you have a granola like consistency. If you over process you will end up with nut flour or nut butter. So keep an eye on it.
In a small pot melt and mix together the coconut oil, honey, vanilla, cacao powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the shredded coconut.
Add the mixed nuts to the melted mixture and coat your "granola" really well.
Place granola on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Let cool and eat just like you would eat any other granola!
Keep granola in an airtight container in your fridge.
* After my husband requested I make more of this asap I made the second batch completely raw and did not put the nuts in the oven. This was just as good! The baked version just has a little more of a deeper roasted taste.