Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 - 4 ounce can chopped green chilis (do not drain)
- 1 - 4 ounce can sliced jalapenos (do not drain) - double if you like heat
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Adapted from noblepig.com
In a food processor add cream cheese, mayonnaise, Mexican cheese, green chilis, jalapenos and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Spread the dip into a greased (I used butter) 2-quart casserole dish.
In a bowl mix bread crumbs and the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Pour melted butter over the crumb mixture and mix well.
Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the dip and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes. The top should be browned and the dip bubbling on the edges. Do not over heat or the mayonnaise will separate and a grease puddle will form in the middle of your dip. Serve with buttery crackers, French baguette or chips. Serves 8-10.