Parmesan and Garlic Potato Chips
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 3 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Special equipment: mandoline
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 23mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
In a deep-fryer filled halfway with peanut oil, heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
Slice potatoes using a mandoline into thin strips.
In a bowl, mix together the cheese, garlic powder, parsley, and black pepper.
Add a small amount of sliced potatoes at a time into oil. Fry until they are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain the chips on a paper towel lined plate. Once drained immediately add the Parmesan mixture.