Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 packet (1.25oz.) taco seasoning
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 9 fajita size flour tortillas
- 1 can (15.5oz.) refried beans, warmed in microwave
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix chicken, taco seasoning, 1/2 cup water and salsa verde in a skillet. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
Coat 13 X 9 X 2 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cover bottom of pan with 3 flour tortillas, overlapping. Pour half of the chicken mixture on the tortillas. Cover with 3 more tortillas. Spread with warmed beans and the sour cream.
Sprinkle half the cheese over the bans and sour cream, and cover with the remaining 3 tortillas. Top with remaining chicken mixture, followed by remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-28 minutes, until bubbly.