German Chocolate Pie To die For
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, or use a chocolate graham crust so good!!
- 1 package (4 oz) sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1- 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 -1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 4 egg yolks
- Coconut and pecans are to be sprinkle over top of pie
- 1-1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Heat oven to 375° degrees. Place pie crust in 9-inch pie plate as directed. In 1quart saucepan, heat chocolate and butter over medium to low heat until melted and mixture can be stirred smooth. Remove from heat, gradually stir in milk.
In medium bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. In small bowl, mix egg yolks, vanilla and almond extract. Gradually add chocolate mixture to egg mixture, stirring whisk. Add chocolate, egg yolk mixture to cornstarch mixture, stirring with whisk. Pour filling into crust.
In small bowl, mix coconut and pecans together and sprinkle over top of pie.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and almost set. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 5 hours or longer.