Ham & Peas Casserole
- 1/2 lb ham, torn into small pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 7 oz cornbread, cut into small cubes (2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs plus one yolk, lightly beaten
Preheat over to 350. Lightly butter 2.5 quart oval baking dish. In a bowl, toss the ham, cornbread, peas & thyme, transfer to the baking dish. In the same bowl, beat together the milk, eggs & yolk and 1/8 tsp salt. Pour into the baking dish. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Bake until the custard is just set in the center, 40-45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.