Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 4 medium Onions, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cans (6 oz. each) tomato paste
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 c minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh basil or 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Place all ingredients in 5-qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Discard bay leaves.
Add ground beef and/or Italian sausage if desired.
Serve with spaghetti.
This freezes well.